The CPTAV Awards give member Professional Associations a chance to honour dedicated service
“Celebrating the work of Professional Teaching Associations in Victoria”
The awards celebrate those who have made an outstanding honorary or voluntary contribution to their association’s support of teachers and education in Victoria over an extended period of time.
Who can nominate?
Who is eligible?
The individual being nominated must:
- be a current member of the nominating professional teaching association, or retired from active service in the current financial year
- have actively supported the purposes of the professional teaching association and made a significant contribution to the association in the form of one or more of the following:
- Involvement in a range of activities that highlights work of the association at a local level that contributes to the professional standing of teachers, e.g. served as a committee member/office bearer, award or accreditation coordinator or website/ICT coordinator
- Acted as a mentor and facilitator for colleagues in promoting and leading professional learning activities and those carried out by the association
- Made a significant impact on the work of teachers through their ability to creatively implement change through professional learning
- Made a significant contribution to the association's publications either at a personal or professional level, e.g. served as a journal editor, developed teaching resources, written articles, etc.
How to nominate?
Please download and complete the ‘2015 Outstanding Professional Service Awards Nomination Form’ and describe how the nominee has served in an honorary or voluntary capacity fulfilling one or more of the above criteria.
Completed nomination forms should be forwarded to Kristi Sheldon via email by 5.00pm on or before Friday 20th November 2015. Finalists will receive notification in November.
The Awards Ceremony
Venue: Graduate House, The University of Melbourne, 220 Leicester Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053
Date: Monday 14th December 2015
Time: 5.00 PM Arrival and Refreshments
5.30 PM Awards Ceremony